Re: Attention: Proprietary video driver users (ATI, Nvidia, etc.)

On 2/23/06, Davide Bolcioni <db-fedora 3di it> wrote:
> Mike A. Harris wrote:
>
> > Both ATI and Nvidia's proprietary video driver installation utilities
> > replace the Red Hat supplied libGL library with their own libGL.
>
> Could SELinux be used to prevent this and, more generally, disallow
> replacement of rpm-controlled files even by the root user ?
>
> Davide Bolcioni

Quite possibly. But the first BAD FAQ will be on the mailling lists:

How do I get my nvidia card to perform decently?

Download the tar balls from nvidia, and reboot your system with SELINUX=0.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator