Re: Low OpenGL performance

Joachim Frieben wrote:
After installing FC5T3 including updates on 2 different machines, I am
puzzled by the surprisingly poor OpenGL performance when running the
"glxgears" command:

   IBM ThinkPad T23 [SuperSavage IX/C SDR]:   115 FPS

when other users report values of at least 240 FPS. Similarly for a

   PR440FX based SPM system [Radon 7200 PCI]: 160 FPS

when I used to achieve 360 FPS for earlier releases. In both cases, "DRI" is
enabled. "LIBGL_DEBUG" is set to "verbose", and "glxinfo" output looks ok.
Moreover, I booted with "enforcing=0" to avoid any "SELinux" trouble ... .

Any ideas? Similar observations?

It's generally a good idea to subscribe to the DRI and Mesa mailing
lists if experiencing GL performance issues or other problems.  The IRC
channel #dri-devel on freenode.net is also quite useful.  That's a
direct pipe to the developers, who are generally quite helpful and
often provide troubleshooting tips, etc.

Hope this helps.

--
Mike A. Harris  *  Open Source Advocate  *  http://mharris.ca
                      Proud Canadian.