Attention: Proprietary video driver users (ATI, Nvidia, etc.)

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Fri Feb 24 16:15:03 UTC 2006

>> What kind of scripts legitimately need to tamper with other packages'
>> files? Examples?
>>

> I take you you mean non config file examples
Right now I see things like this in the current policy for rpm_script_t
(on strict, no less...):
Not sure why all of those things are necessary...

# ideally we would not need this
auth_manage_all_files_except_shadow(rpm_script_t)

# ideally we would not need this
dev_manage_generic_blk_files(rpm_script_t)
dev_manage_generic_chr_files(rpm_script_t)
dev_manage_all_blk_files(rpm_script_t)
dev_manage_all_chr_files(rpm_script_t)

storage_raw_read_fixed_disk(rpm_script_t)
storage_raw_write_fixed_disk(rpm_script_t)