Re: Virtual machine software for Fedora testing?

Once upon a time, Nigel Metheringham <nigel metheringham dev intechnology co uk> said:
> Xen is a para-virtualisation system - the virtualised system/os needs to
> built in a way that is appropriate for virtualising.  This means that
> you are (currently) unable to use xen for running windows images or even
> installing older (non xen aware) versions of Linux.

Not entirely true: with new versions of Xen combined with certain CPUs
(Intels today, AMDs some time this year), you can have full
virtualization.  People are running Windows along side Linux.

There's a higher overhead in running that way, so it is preferred to run
with a Xen-aware OS.

Also note: I haven't tried this myself yet.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>