Re: iptables problems after kernel 1871

David Nielsen wrote:
tor, 26 01 2006 kl. 10:33 -0800, skrev Gianluca Cecchi:

Any hint? No changes made at /etc/sysconfig/iptables file.

As I understand this is a known issue with the kernel

- David

Just to track down more info, did this affect any of the
FC4 kernels?  I had a box run into all sorts of netfilter
problems during network I/O this morning and it locked hard,
each time after a reboot.  'chkconfig iptables off' finally
got things stable again.

I was running kernel-2.6.15-1.1831_FC4 on i386 with
current updates on everything relevant (as far as I can
determine what was relevant in this case...)

Thanks!
-Brenton Rothchild