td_ta_new returns TD_VERSION?

I am using gdbserver to debug a multi-threaded
application on FC3. The call to td_ta_new returns
TD_VERSION in gdbserver (thread-db.c). From gdb 6.4,
the error maps to "version mismatch between
libthread_db and libpthread" Both these libraries come
with FC3. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?
I tried setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib/tls. But it
didn't help.

Thanks,

Frank