Fedora in need of testers?

Jim Cornette fcd-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Feb 26 15:40:23 UTC 2006

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> Finally have the test machine ready. However, already having problems,
> the display doesn't consume the entire screen here are the specs on the
> system:
>
> Dell - OptiPlex GX110
> Intel Pentium III Processor: 733 MHz (133MHz Bus Speed)
> BIOS Version: A09
Latest version that I saw for the model on a search.

> Harddrive: WDC WD200BB-75AUA1 (20 GB)
> CD-ROW: Samsung CD-ROM SC-148F (48x)
> Soundcard: Intel ICH82801AA
> VGA: Intel 82810E DC-133 CGC
> Ethernet: 3Com 3c905C-TX/TX-M [Tornado]
> Monitor: Dell UltraScan P780
>
> On my way to read the testers guude, have only gotten up to updating the
> entire system to updates-release.

I have a computer with an Intel 815 which took the FC5T3 installation
alright. There were no 640x480 or 800x600 problems that it seems you are
having.
Did you check the legacy video settings in BIOS? Are you trying to
install the test version or FC4?
My computer is a PowerSpec, but has Intel video. similar soundcard and
similar Ethernet card.

Jim

--
Well fix that in the next (upgrade, update, patch release, service pack).