Re: Yum and SRPMs

William Lovaton wrote:
El lun, 20-02-2006 a las 07:37 +0000, Paul Howarth escribió:

On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 10:03 -0500, William Lovaton wrote:

Hi,

El jue, 16-02-2006 a las 13:52 -0800, Jesse Keating escribió:

I made a small mistake.  The unified SRPMS and srpm repodata will be
useful for yumdownloader, not yum itself.  Yum does not and will not
have the ability to grab srpms.

yumdownloader? I hope it is what I am thinking.

You'll see, my home computer is connected to the Internet through a
modem and most of the time making updates is prohibited because more
often that not they are very large, so I religiously copy the packages
names that needs an update, I take them to my office and wget them from
a very fast connection one by one into my usb memory and finally back to
my home and copy the packages in the yum cache.

Is there a way to make the downloading part of this automatic? something
like yum generating all the wget commands so I can use them on a very
fast connection easily instead of one by one.

yumdownloader has a "--urls" option that will give you the URLs to
download. This could easily be scripted into a bunch of wget commands.

Paul.

Little question: is this a FC5 thing only? or I can get it for FC4 too?
If so, where can I get it?

yumdownloader is part of the yum-utils package, which is available in Extras for FC4.

Paul.