need help with hal under FC5t3

I use a external firewire disk to store a lot of data.

Under FC4, it was mounted on "hotplug" using the line present in /etc/fstab (to force the mount point and the UTF8 option). I'm also used to add a hal policy tu add the UTF8 option (for my USB sticks).

With FC5, the /usr/share/hal/scripts/hal-system-storage-mount detect the line in /etc/fstab and deny the mount.

Questions are
- how can i choose the mount point (outside the /media dir)
- how can i choose the UTF8 option (the old solution "volume.policy.mount_option.iocharset=utf8" doesn't work)

Thanks for your help.
Remi