Re: gphoto2 problem: usb access for non root users

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 12:48:48PM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Jesse Barnes (jbarnes virtuousgeek org) said:
> > If I wanted to add some additional echo statements to
> > the /usr/libexec/gphoto-set-procperm where would their output show up?
> > I wanted to check and see if the environment variables were getting set
> > correctly, since everything else looks ok (guess I can just redirect to
> > a file to do some debugging, I'll try that when I get home).
>
> set > /tmp/gphoto.$$ should be simple enough for debugging.

Well since I am home
"chown $console_user /dev/bus/usb/$bus_num/$dev_num" fails with:
chown: cannot access `/dev/bus/usb/002/018': No such file or directory
Anything that slows down the script (ls /dev/bus/usb/$bus_num, usleep 1, etc.)
seems to be enough for the device to be created.

Should the script wait for the device to be created or is there a better
way to handle this?