Re: Patterned slow-down over the entire GNOME desktop

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
Also, I still run kernel 1688, because I don't want to deal with the hassle of making the livna nvidia driver work with modular X for every new kernel. Which kernel started including this tracking patch

oh you're using the binary nvidia driver; would maybe have been useful
to give info like that in the initial report ;) (eg what hardware is
involved, what kernel stuff what X stuff etc etc)
That was a mailing list question, I'll file a bug report if someone suggests the correct component. I don't see the point of writing lots of information until requested - it may or may not be relevant.

Kernel is 1688, with the binary nvidia driver. Software is fedora rawhide + rawhide extras + livna + selinux repository, All non-obsolete or broken packages installed as of 2-3 days ago. The hardware is an Athlon 1600+, nvidia 5700 (256MB), 512MB SDRAM. This is a rather old computer, but that doesn't explain the behavior I am seeing.