Mirrors list needs to be livened up.

Jeff Pitman jeff.pitman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 04:14:07 UTC 2006

On 1/1/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:
> See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/MirrorManagement. Your
> ideas could probably add value to that.

I think we've had this discussion before, but I think it's important
that Mirrors utilize the --delay-updates option to rsync to minimize
problems with packages and metadata out of sync.

Resource requirements from man page:

"""This option uses more memory on the receiving side (one bit per
file transferred) and also requires enough free disk space on the
receiving side to hold an additional copy of all the updated files.
"""

Obviously, to initialize the mirror, you don't want this option.
However, upon incremental syncs, I believe it to be wholly beneficial
to the end user as it will reduce the number of bad mirrors.

Can someone with access to the wiki mention this information for
mirrors? I can, if you want: username "JeffPitman".

--
-jeff