Re: Mono app packaging

On 1/10/06, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <d jacobfeuerborn conversis de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I noticed that at least in the packages for f-spot and beagle the
> executable binaries are located in "/usr/lib/<app>/*.exe" and that
> "/usr/bin" merely contains stub scripts that call these executables. This
> looks quite ugly to me as it defeats the standard filesystem hierarchy so
> is this something temporary or is this so kind of "best practice" for mono
> applications?

I'm not sure what the fuss is about, mozilla and firefox and
openoffice all do this sort of thing already. We aren't setting in
precedences with wrapper script usage here.  If you have just noticed
this with the mono apps, then clearly this isn't such a big deal your
system has been using this sort of construction for awhile now and you
have been blissfully ignorant of it.

-jef