RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

Ian Pilcher i.pilcher at comcast.net
Wed Jan 18 16:31:33 UTC 2006

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> The policy actually sort of is "a few months after the next release so
> that people can see it being stable enough". A good anchor for that "few
> months" is -test2 release.

As Keith said, if this is the policy then it should be clearly stated.
Also, the fact that support for FC3 was extended because of the 9 month
development cycle of FC5 isn't very consistent with this point of view.

In fact, I believe that next release + 3 months or thereabout is
probably the best policy for Fedora Core.  It's not intended for mission
critical production use, so there's no reason to support users who want
to skip releases.

Just my 2 cents.

Ian Pilcher                                        i.pilcher at comcast.net