Attention: dbus 0.60-6 breaks avahi, hal ...

Joachim Frieben jfrieben at freesurf.fr
Sun Jan 22 14:53:18 UTC 2006

It's not a matter of some "new avahi" as you like to put it. The
"dbus" update makes services such as "hal" and "avahi" stop work.
The issue is probably related to J. Palmieri's modifications to
the location of various libs and bins.

This post was meant as a kind of urgent notice for Fedora rawhide
users in order to allow them to recover a working system as fast
and economically as possible. Your own example seems to confirm
my reasoning.