rawhide report: 20060121 changes

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 00:41:45 UTC 2006

Hi

>Smart did NOT downgrade in this case.  IIUC, what it did is what I consider
>optimal, it offered to upgrade the rest of the packages that didn't have a
>problem.

Then provide this output of packages before and after the upgrade when
using the smart and when using yum and file a bug report against yum in
http://bugzilla.redhat.com. Fedora Core developers do not  seem to want
to include smartpm with FC for the other behaviors of its dependency
resolving algorithm but yum developers might implement any of its good
features still that is consistent in line with the yum dependency
resolver design.

--
Rahul