FORTIFY_SOURCE for the kernel

Hi List

A while back when FC5 was in it's infancy, Arjen mentioned a very
interesting FORTIFY_SOURCE support patch for the kernel, does anyone
know if this is any closer to inclusion, I've done some casual LKML
searching and I can't even find any debate on this feature.

I mostly ask because I was going over the Wishlist for FC5 and it stood
out as an interesting feature.

- David
--
Obligatory shameless blog plug - The GNOME commentary located at
www.lovesunix.net/blog