gnome x shutdown needs cancel

sean seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 20:29:31 UTC 2006

I run X with 4 workspaces. If I try to shutdown or reboot,
often it hangs because it's waiting for a "close or cancel"
window in another workspace. IOW, I'm in workspace 4. I try
to shutdown, gedit on workspace 1, displays a window asking
about saving a new file ( I can see it appear in the
Wokspace Switcher ). Shutdown hangs, but I can't get to
workspace 1. The only way out is ctl-alt-backspace.

Maybe kde does it better, and maybe there's some clever
keystroke combo that would cancel the shutdown, but in IMHO,
there should be a popup in the active workspace ( or maybe a
shift to the workspace with the message?).

sean