DejaVu fonts for Fedora Core 6 feedback call

Naoki naoki at valuecommerce.com
Thu Jul 6 09:33:49 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 10:06 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:
> Simos Xenitellis wrote:
>
> > Just to make sure, could you please run Firefox with the instructions
> > your get from the about: page?
> > That is, on a Terminal window, type
> >
> > $ export MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO=1
> > $ firefox
> >
> > and check to see how about: looks like now.
>
> yes that looks better.
>
> I think my only issue now (which I forgot to add originally) is the
> perceived increased size of bold fonts, which others have mentioned, to
> me it seems to be equivalent to at least a +1 point size compared to the
> "book" weight.

I second that. I've been using DejaVu now since the call for testing
first went out and I do love it.  The bold 'issue' is probably something
that will become a non-issue after I'm used to it but right now it does
feel odd having the bold font drastically larger (or at least it feels
drastic but like I say it's different than before which amplifies
things).