improving rpm

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Jul 13 09:21:30 UTC 2006

Le Jeu 13 juillet 2006 00:47, Cam a écrit :

> I'm not sure how closely an rpm spec would match a realistic use case
> for end user OS administration. But even so, going from one version to
> the another, and applying a patch (adding a few lines, deleting some or
> changing them) could either patch successfully, or fail.

Successfuly as in "I dumped some string I don't understand in a file
checking the three lines before and after, I have zero idea if this string
interacts with the lines I've checked in this file or others (in this file
or another one), and I hope if I did  something wrong the admin will
notice it before the app starts eating his data or opens a hole in system
security"

Gives a new definition to bleeding edge and raw hide

--
Nicolas Mailhot