Pull off AIGLX repoistory?

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Wed Jul 26 23:41:26 UTC 2006

Rahul wrote:
> Denis Leroy wrote:
>

>> This goes beyond binary-only drivers. What if you were using FC-5 as a
>> major development platform for your own Xorg-based application (or
>> gnome, or kde), then an FC-5 update breaks your code in a major way...
>

> Which X,GNOME or KDE application breaks in a Xorg update?

This was just a general example. I think if you stay within a Fedora
release, there is an expectation of stability wrt major components, such
as Gnome, KDE or Xorg. If i'm not mistaken, each Fedora release is
closely tied to a specific Gnome version. This is some sort of
"unwritten rule", or maybe simply for practical reasons. But should the
same rule apply to Xorg ?

Now the point about Fedora not being RHEL is well taken. But RHEL is not
free (as in beer), nor is it targeted at desktop users, nor does it
involve community support from something like Extras, so to me it's
really something different.

-denis