Pull off AIGLX repoistory?

Jean-Rene Cormier jrc at jrcormier.com
Thu Jul 27 01:44:46 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 19:51 -0400, Sean wrote:
> If we let the binary-driver providers dictate what open source software
> can be released and when the terrorists win ;o)  More seriously, this
> is about getting better open source software into the hands of more
> users.  7.1 includes much better support for some higher end ATI cards
> for instance.  And it's not like it's the end of the world for
> binary-driver users, they just need to add an exclude into their yum
> config.

The only problem is that most of those users will learn that they HAD to
add an exclude to their yum config after it's too late...

What would be ideal (maybe not ideal but I think it's an idea towards
that) is a flag to prevent automatic updates of certain packages (in
this case Xorg) so people would have to do the update manually and if
possible with some sort of warning when you want to update it.

It's a little more trouble for people who aren't using binary drivers to
get the update but at least the Fedora Users list wouldn't get flooded
by angry users because an update broke something.

--
Jean-Rene Cormier <jrc at jrcormier.com>