Pull off AIGLX repoistory?

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Thu Jul 27 20:50:24 UTC 2006

MM> On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 10:44:46PM -0300, Jean-Rene Cormier wrote:
>> The only problem is that most of those users will learn that they
>> HAD to add an exclude to their yum config after it's too late...

MM> So, if they're not paying attention, they'll have to learn how to

And after that they'll stop upgrading. Linux may not be much of a
target for worms currently, but that was different in the past and
could easily be different in the future. I do not believe that scaring
users away from upgrading is in the interest of the community at
large.

The other option is to split security-updates away from other updates.
Then you have to deal with half-updated systems, with all the lovely
dependency problems that involves. It can be done in a purely
commercial distro, where you can tell people to do that kind of boring
thankless work. In a mostly community-driven like Fedora it would be
difficult.

/Benny