Pull off AIGLX repoistory?

dragoran dragoran at feuerpokemon.de
Fri Jul 28 11:45:36 UTC 2006

most people here hasn't understood me right here again:
I have *not* said that fedora/redhat developers should test their apps
against binary drivers/apps/whatever before releasing them; I have also
not said that the should not ship this updates; my idea was *if* the
developer knows (without any needed tests; like in this case) that a
update will break a software (beiing it thirdparty opensource or. binary
driver etc.) he should atleast inform the users somehow (like in the
update anouncement).
This would *not* add any extra work and would not break users systems
silently..
if the devleoper does not know that the package will break anything, he
should not test every binary driver/app etc. to find this out; if such
an update gets shipped and breaks anything .. than well let it be ...
but if we knows this before releasing the a package why should we just
ignore users of a some software? this has nothing to do with stable
api/abi or anything like this , this is informing users before breaking
their systems
P.S: I use the nvidia driver too; but I don't really care because I know
how to deal with such breakage, but *many* other users don't they will
switch distro or if they are new users go back to windows which is even
worse.