UnleashKDE

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Tue Jun 6 00:37:19 UTC 2006

On Monday 05 June 2006 19:33, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 00:42 +0200, Erwin Rol wrote:
> > Maybe this is a silly idea, but why not just make a fedora-kde project
> > that only holds all the kde stuff, instead of putting it in
> > fedora-extras ? Probably would fit on a single CD, so people that want
> > fedora with KDE can just burn core and the kde CD.
>
> Ugh...  not _another_ project.  If you start fragmenting projects like
> that, then you spread the resources that much thinner and half of them
> don't gain any momentum.
>
> KDE belongs in Extras.  We already have guidelines, leadership, rules,
> etc.  There is no need to reinvent all of that and fragment even more.

Agreed 100%.  If we create another project, we lose out on certain benefits of
working in the Extras infrastructure, and we also add a lot of new
complications.  Extras is the perfect home for Fedora's KDE packages.  Once
KDE is in Extras, we could see a new SIG rise up behind it, and that would be
an awesome development.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com