UnleashKDE

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Wed Jun 7 09:53:34 UTC 2006

ons, 07 06 2006 kl. 04:31 -0500, skrev Arthur Pemberton:

> Umm.. Hold up a bit. As much as I am not actively rolling packages,
> but... what's wrong with KDE in core? I have heard comments that KDE
> is a bastard child in Fedora, but I have defended the Fedora Project
> against that. If I understand right, moving a package (or set of
> packages) to Extras means that it will nolonger be on the install
> media. There are already enough packages not part of the install media
> for legal reasons...now KDE?

Entirely valid concerns, however the intend is to unleash KDE so it's
huge userbase can give KDE under Fedora the attention it deserves (since
claims are that KDE is undermaintained in Core by many users). I believe
the intent is to make Anaconda able to install from 3rd party repos like
Extras during install so users of Fedora would still be able to install
a KDE desktop with as little hassle as possible.

- David