Hibernate with LVM Swap

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Sat Jun 10 14:25:18 UTC 2006

I've been playing around with hibernate in rawhide and notice that it
doesn't work with an LVM-based swap space -- yet Anaconda's default disk
layout sets up swap on LVM (which is, except for the hibernate issue,
probably the Right Thing(tm)). Suspend isn't working on my test machine
due to broken BIOS (from a 4-letter system vendor where the 3rd and 4th
characters of the name are the same).

Bug 181420 brings up this issue, but it was marked CLOSED-RAWHIDE back
in February, and I don't see any more-recent references to it. Is this
just an anomaly with the current kernel?

--
Chris Tyler