strip in rpmbuild

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sun Jun 25 05:40:30 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 00:22 -0500, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 04:55 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > I am not sure Fedora should support toolchains endorsing proprietary
> > OSes (Though MinGW is free, the OS underneath is not). I.e. from a
> > Fedora focused POV all such a cross compiler does is "helping your
> > enemy".
>
> That's a bit silly.
Well, I don't think so.

>  We already have Wine in extras. You can compile and
> test windows binaries without needing a proprietary OS.
This is the opposite direction: _Running_ native Win-apps under Linux.

Mingw's purpose is to enable to compile Unix SW to run it under Win,
such that people can avoid using Unix/Linux and harvest Unix SW under
Win.

At least I am not interested in supporting this.

> Its called interoperability.
I call it playing nice to M$.

At least I am not interested in supporting this.

>  The only reason to stifle interoperability
> is to lock your customers in to an inferior product. (Well, that and
> maybe legal issues such as patent bullshit...)
Yes ... that would be yet another issue.

Ralf