Moving ImageMagick to Extras?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Jun 26 09:58:07 UTC 2006

> Two reasons:
>
> -  What about QA?  I'm fearing that the QA for the Extras packages
>    is not the same as for Core.  Is that right, or...?  At least
>    I've already seen Extras packages (don't remember which ones)
>    that seem of pretty poor quality (packaging-wise).

I've got the opposite feeling. The Fedora Packaging guidelines are better
followed in extras, because the packages have had to comply with them before
core packages had to. Therefore fedora extras packages are most of the
time of better quality. And those that aren't are either packages that had
a free go in extras from core or packages submitted before the guidelines
were achieved. (if you remeber which ones it would be helpfull, I guess ;-)

> -  The relation between FC and RHEL.  I think there is officially
>    no relation, but I can't suppress the thoughts that there is one.
>    I've already seen good-old "nmh" being removed from FC and RHEL.

Maybe at some point there would be rebuilt of extras packages for RHEL
(there are allready for centos) even though this is not supported by
redhat.

--
Pat