Split-off package config from release note packages

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 19:20:24 UTC 2006

On 3/31/06, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
>
> > But then hell breaks loose and people accuse JoeBob of forking fedora,
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JohnMahowald/ATrpmsWarning
>
> My $0.02:  I think flamebait, err, personal opinion stuff like that has
> no place in fedoraproject's wiki.  It should be removed.

Aren't there master wiki admins who can are tasked with policing the
wiki content and dealing with people who have stepped over the line?

Just a little history about this page... this author of that page
originally had it as a top level page and not under his namespace. I
suggested that he move it to inside his accountname space to make it
clear that that page was in fact was personal opinion and not policy.
Without clear guidelines as to what is allowable content I wasn't
going to fight over whether or not the wiki can be used for opinion or
editorial content at the time i found out that page existed.  I
totally forgot to follow up and open a discussion on -extras-list as
to whether or not opinion pieces were allowed.

-jef