other annoyances before fc5

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Sat Mar 4 17:29:21 UTC 2006

On Saturday, March 04, 2006 9:20 am, sean wrote:
> As fc5 is fast approaching, here are my two minor annoyances:
>
> 1. kernel messages about my dvd if there's a disk (
> unmounted) in it. /var/log/messages is filled with:
>
> hdc: media error (bad sector): status=0x51 { DriveReady
> SeekComplete Error }
> hdc: media error (bad sector): error=0x30 {
> LastFailedSense=0x03 }
> ide: failed opcode was: unknown
> end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 64
> Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 8
>
> I can read and burn dvd's just fine, so there's does not
> appear to be any problem, just spurious error messages.

I see these messages too, on my PowerBook.  I've been meaning to file a
bug about it but keep forgetting.  Is it already being tracked?

The other issue on my PowerBook is that the Fedora wireless scripts
don't seem to work with the bcm43xx driver.  I need to up the interface
before I set its essid.  I've been meaning to look into it but haven't
found time yet.

Jesse