Qt 4 RPM and pkg-config problem

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 13:02:44 UTC 2006

A while back I posted about Qt4 rpms for development work and got
pointed towards Than's rawhide SRPM at
ftp://people.redhat.com/than/rawhide/.

This works and I've just used the spec to build Qt 4.1.1, but it has
one minor flaw which I'm not sure how to fix. All the pkg-config
scripts which are installed in lib/ include the RPM build dir in the
Libs: section (I need the pkg-config stuff to properly detect Qt4
using autoconf). Here's an example from QtCore.pc:

Libs: -L${libdir} -lQtCore -L/usr/lib/mysql
-L/home/tarjeik/rpmbuild/BUILD/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.1.1/lib  -lz
-lm -lpthread -ldl

What is the proper way to fix this? Add a small sed line in the spec
to clean out the rpmbuild dir from the .pc files after the build is
complete and the files are packaged? I wouldn't be surprised if this
was a common problem with a common fix, I just need to know how :)

Oh, Paul F.J., did you get around to add this RPM to Extras? (can't
find the bugzilla entry in case you did)

Sincerely,
--
Tarjei