Mirrorlist missing mirrors?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 18:02:42 UTC 2006

On 3/21/06, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> Theoretically each time you load a
> valid url from download.fedoraproject.org it would use a new mirror.  Firefox
> won't work for testing this, but using links again and again will show that
> it does indeed to go different hosts.

I'd love an example of a client that I can use to troubleshoot this
behavior without resorting to low level packet inspection. The
verbosity on fastestmirror plugin doesn't indicate that a redirect is
occuring.  And yum clean metadata    yum -d6 list updates  does not
give me any information with regard to which mirror I'm being
redirected to when pulling primary.xml.gz or repomd.xml.gz
the yum -d6 output just lists the redirector url.  And now with the
change to the mirrorlist file... lists the same url repeatedly :->

What is the best procedure that I should be performing when following
up on complaints with regard to mirrorlist not redirecting as it
should?

-jef