Broken bind (Re: rawhide report: 20060321 changes)

Tomasz Kłoczko kloczek at zie.pg.gda.pl
Thu Mar 23 18:26:13 UTC 2006

Dnia 22-03-2006, śro o godzinie 13:42 -0800, Jesse Keating napisał(a):
[..]
> Tomasz, before (or if) you renamed the named.caching-nameserver.conf, did
> named prefer this file over your modified named.conf ?

No, named.caching-nameserver.conf was preffered but this doesn't metter
now because inti script from today bind-9.3.2-12.FC6 seems works
correctly.
Still IMO adding special handling for named.caching-nameserver.conf in
separated bind-config package is IMO wrong way (IMO best will be put
caching only configuration as default configura example .

BTW I found next bug in current bind. Iin libbind.pc in Libs: is
specyfied -L/usr/lib - this will break 64bit archs
Patch in attachment.

I second atachemnt is patch for init scrips (use tabs instead spaces,
removed trailing spaces and tabs, removed ";" on EOF; rolled in multipe
rm commands to single run with more than one file for remove).

In next attachment are bind.spec cleanups:
- removed trailig spaces and tabs,
- use tabs instead spaces,
- remove gcc and tar from BuildRequires (this is esential BR so specify
  this directly isn't neccessary),
- simplified BuildRequires rules,
- s/textutils, fileutils/coreutils/ in Requires rules,
- removed not neccessatry specs conditions (%if in packages descriptions
  and %post/%postun scripts can be ommited),
- simplifications in %build,
- s/\${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}/$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/
- %clean moved after %install and before all %post/%pre/%post/%postun
  scripts,
- s,/usr/share,%{_datadir},
- cleanups in %prep,
- move unpack RFC docs to %prep (fixes for --short-circuit build),
- remove nit neccessary ";" in scripts and
- rewrited sdb %postun for use only sed (this allow minimize number of
  Requires it will be also good rewrite %post script in sed because
  using this allow remove from sdb Requires(post) mktemp and SELinux
  utils because sed preserves SElinux context on files).

kloczek