PHP-5 seems to be screwed on FC-5

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 24 21:46:38 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 13:02 -0300, Casimiro de Almeida Barreto wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yesterday I updated one of my servers to FC-5. The primary effect sensed
> was that PHP-5 seems to be broken. Oh... yeah... it works up to a
> certain point but, after that, it miserably fails.
>
> For instance, I have a ridiculous program that count hits. It stopped
> working. Not only a single f_ck_g error message or warning in the
> logs...

What program is this? Maybe its not compatible with PHP5?. Did you check
for the presence of any AVC denied messages in /var/log/messages
or /var/log/audit from SELinux?

>  I have an schedule program that works with MySQL and now it is
> simply unable to deal with ISO-8859-1 encoding... Oh... by the way...
> also refuses to work properly in UTF-8 (not that suported by MySQL
> itself) and other oddities... But as ALL UNIVERSE speaks English, why to
> bother with those who don't...

Poor claim. All the universe does not speak English and yes we do have
to care about users who don't speak English.

> Besides, I fixed the problems with device drivers (USB and SOUND) on
> FC5.

Can you be more specific? What device driver and sound issues were
these? Has any bug reports been filed about them?

>  Just rebuilding all the kernel (about a 2 hour work)... after all,
> ASUS being so minor motherboard manufacturer, who in the Universe would
> give a heck if Linux don't work in boxes that use ASUS, Pentium 4 and
> SIS chipsets.
>
> Besides, RAID1 is still crashing. The same with RAID0 and linear. With
> SATA HDDs.

Device model and chipset numbers? When does it crash? Any error
messages?

Rahul