FC5: first impressions

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 10:24:07 UTC 2006

On 3/24/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > 0. Missing terminal on desktop menu... just kidding! :)
> >    You guys were right, I can live without it. Mea culpa.
>
> Good to see the hundreds of mails on the thread we had earlier wasn't
> entirely a waste. The release notes has information on bringing it back
> if you need it btw (yum install nautilus-open-terminal).

Not meant to be so picky... but I bringing it back this way it's not
_exactly_ back (i.e. 3rd instead of 1st).
Now, since who install the n-o-t package has probably a "need" for a
fast way of launching the terminal, do you think it is possible to
change the package so when I install it the menu item is the first?

For me, I will be adding a keyboard shortcut to terminal ASAP...

> > 1. Metacity's new window in the background
> >    I can not stress how big of a problem this is for me.
> >    I have used it since it was introduced, in the hope that
> >    I'll get used to it. I didn't. Not only it does the wrong
> >    thing for me in 90% of the cases, it also forces me to
> >    use the mouse a lot more, which is painful for me.
> >    A few google searches and browsing through GConf did not
> >    reveal a way of disabling it.
>
> We have a bug report open it. Upstream has tentatively agreed to make it
> a option disabled by default

Glad to know that :)

That is seriously impacting my work speed (which is already not so high..)

Cheers

Gianluca