Fedora Core 5 common issues and bugs

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Mon Mar 27 17:49:59 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>

> Just to avoid the repeated bug reports and questions on it. Check out
> this page which is periodically updated. If there are other common
> issues to add, let me know.

A major issue for me was the very poor Xorg support for radeon-based
Thinkpads (in our case, T30s and T40s). Dual-head support, or even
external monitor support at a higher resolution, which both worked fine
in FC3 and FC4, stopped working for FC5 which leaves a bitter taste
about the so-called improvements of the Xorg project (though i'm hoping
it's just a system-config-display bug). Several bugs already exists in
bugzilla, including one with a work-around :

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=126415

-denis