GUI controls for instrumentation

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 09:47:55 UTC 2006

Qt is a widget library / GUI framework. In most projects I've been
involved with our preferred language and platform determined the
choice of widget library, not the other way around.

Qt would be a great option if your are committed to C++. However it
would be a mistake to be forced to use C++ just to use Qt.

BTW: from experience Java is very portable across Windows / Linux for
server side and client side applications. Of course you need to test
as you develop on both platforms -- that applies to perl, python etc
also.  Outside of Linux/Windows you do have to work a little harder to
maintain portability with Java.

Getting a bit OT and religious for fedora I think...

Joe.