Where is the kernel source package for FC5 GA?

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Wed Mar 29 00:58:11 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 19:25 -0500, Neil Cherry wrote:
>> Lamont R. Peterson wrote:

>>> Yup.  It is kernel-devel.
>>>
>>> If you want to build modules (i.e. external modules) for Red Hat distros,
>>> install kernel-devel.  If you want to build patched, custom kernels, get the
>>> SRPM.
>>>
>> Ah, so that's the difference. That was driving me totally nuts. I
>> couldn't figure out why I couldn't compile the kernel with the
>> devel package but I'm very successful (when I don't remove too
>> much) with the kernel sources.
>
> We have all this information in the release notes which we spend many
> many hours writing. So you might as well as read it.
> http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc5/#sn-Kernel

Thanks Rahul, I only found out about the release notes yesterday
when someone else mentioned them. I now know where they are and
will go visit them as I have a lot of questions. The kernel issue
has plagued me since FC2(? the first 2.6 kernel).

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site