Fedora's way forward

Rowan Kerr rowan at stasis.org
Wed Mar 29 05:27:42 UTC 2006

Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> OK.  So the next question is, do *Red Hat's* goals no longer include
> world desktop domination?  Because if that's true, I need to find a distro
> that hasn't ... er ... lost its idealism.

This is what I have been concerned about for a while now. It looks like
the next commercial version of Suse will have all kinds of media support
through RealPlayer instead of the FOSS-only HelixPlayer. What will the
next version of RHEL provide?

Of course, shelling out for a RHEL license doesn't make sense to me,
because I don't need the support but I would be willing to purchase RPMs
  to give me legal media support on Fedora. (MP3, MPEG2/DVD, MPEG4).

-Rowan