Fedora's way forward

sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 29 15:16:50 UTC 2006

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:53:50 -0500
"Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:

> > Those are Fedora users too. Should we abandon them?
>
> Zealots drive me crazy.  Poke one in the wrong place and his brain
> just shuts down entirely.
>
> Read my lips: nobody is talking about 'abandoning' any user, distribution,
> or format.  Adding support for what users actually want is not abandonment.

Eric, you're getting stupid now.

There are other distributions which cater to your needs.  Are you so lost
in your world domination zealotry that you just can't process that fact?

Fedora is an open source unencumbered distribution and is meant for open
source developers and enthusiasts who just aren't interested in proprietary
solutions.   Why can't you just accept that?   There are real people
who want just that.   Fedora meets their needs.

If you can take a break from your world domination zealotry you'll
see that there is no point trying to convince us of your view.
You have your priorities and we have ours, you've made it clear
our views don't satisfy you.

We're not trying to convince you of anything, you're free to go about
your business, using Linux in a way that meets your needs.  Please extend
to us the same courtesy so everyone can get on with it.  You can use a
distribution that is more to your liking, and we can have some peace
from your pointless evangelicalism.

Sean