The Strengths and Weakness of Fedora/RHEL OS management

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 20:33:33 UTC 2006

On 3/29/06, Shane Stixrud <shane at geeklords.org> wrote:
> They want actual code... Is there a good case here for gathering
> requirements and perhaps writing a specification, getting feedback from
> the major players prior to code being written?

I agree 100% with that. We need to figure out what we want,  not how
to do it right now. If we can get relative consensus on the features
and requirements of a perfect config system then I'm sure someone will
step up and get a prototype up and running soon afterward. How best to
do that? Wiki page? dunno...