Fedora's way forward

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Thu Mar 30 23:15:41 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 10:59 +1200, Michael J Knox wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 10:45 +1200, Michael J Knox wrote:
> >

> >>Perhaps Fedora can meet the effort by providing a link or something like
> >>that to the project.
> >>

> >Already linked from http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CommunityWebsites
> >which is linked from the FAQ at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ which
> >is linked from http://redhat.com/fedora which you can access through a
> >link as well as a big banner from http://redhat.com
> >
> >Rahul
> >

> So I can assume from that, Fedora would like to the project?
>
> So how about the rest of you?

Unless there is already a site out there that can represent all
repositories (whether it be by link, providing .repo files, etc..),
someone could create such as site, and then build upon it.  And if it's
legal/OK to point to it, or whatever links/sites upon it, then Fedora
can point to it/whatever and provide the 3rd party initial contact for
the users?

http://www.linuxrepos.com (THIS SITE DOES NOT EXIST, yet..)????

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious!"