Fedora's way forward

sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 31 11:14:40 UTC 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:01:25 +0200
Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:

> Speaking only for myself: I'm getting rather tired of your zealot stance
> in this discussion, especially since your contribution to Fedora seems
> to consist of only hot air aka noise in discussions like this. When a
> fellow active contributer takes a stance like this I tend to listen
> seriously, contributers are the ones that make Fedora, so they should be
> the ones who decide what go in. Legal issues of course take precedence,
> but you opinion does not and yes I know there are active contributers
> who side with you, but those are perfectly capable of speaking for
> themselves.
>
> Now if you really want to help Fedora start contributing Documentation,
> Translations, Fedora Extra Packages, etc.

Hans, I have to disagree with most of what you said above.   Perhaps
you could try to separate the argument from the person making it, even
if you happen to disagree?   If there are specific points you'd like
to debate it would be more useful than trying to dismiss them all
with a single ad hominem attack.  Besides, you seem to have misinterpreted
the points i've made a bit.  Anyway, if you could try to stick to  the topic
at hand I think it would be a further contribution from you to Fedora.

Cheers,
Sean