layout of FC5 (and previous) CD's

Peter Bieshaar peter.bieshaar at gmail.com
Thu May 4 08:12:53 UTC 2006

I didn't mean previous FC CDs. But keeping rpm's more structured on CD's. So
keep the dependent rpm's at least on the same CD. Just did a mysql server
installation, needed 2 CDs.

What I "felt" in your words (and saw in previous discussions) is that future
FC releases RPMs will have less or no dependencies. That is another solution
of-course, but IMHO harder to maintain in later future.

The later: only 2CDs, would be great. But is it known what FC users are
using?

2006/5/4, Arjan van de Ven <arjan at fenrus.demon.nl>:

> On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 08:45 +0200, Peter Bieshaar wrote:
> > First I am wondering the strategy the rpm's are put on the different
> > CDs.
>
> I suspect it's primarily about "don't have dependencies on packages on a
> future CD", so that during installation you never need to go back to an
> older CD.
>
> Beyond that I suspect there is a goal built in to have a basic install
> only use one or two cds...
>

> --

Peter Bieshaar
NL(0)6 29577255