layout of FC5 (and previous) CD's

Peter Bieshaar peter.bieshaar at gmail.com
Thu May 4 09:05:16 UTC 2006

glibc is used by init, so quite essential and very base. The glibc
dependency therefore is not part of my suggestion and initial idea.

It's more a discussion openldap depends on libtools, mysql-server depends on
perl-DBD which depends on mysql, whereas perl-DBI (as far as I saw) is not
dependent but nice to have when perl is used to enter a mysql database.

So in the first example TRY to keep these 2 rpms on same CD and the later
keep these 3 RPMs with a relationship on another CD.

Maybe the word dependancy should be s/.../(relationship|relation to)/

2006/5/4, Arjan van de Ven <arjan at fenrus.demon.nl>:

> On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 10:12 +0200, Peter Bieshaar wrote:
> > I didn't mean previous FC CDs. But keeping rpm's more structured on
> > CD's. So keep the dependent rpm's at least on the same CD. Just did
> > a mysql server installation, needed 2 CDs.
>
> how do you do that with.. say a dependency on glibc?
>
> --

Peter Bieshaar
NL(0)6 29577255
use this or: peter at bieshaar.org