AIGLX breaks XServer with new Repo

Nalin Dahyabhai nalin at redhat.com
Thu May 4 19:26:01 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 12:29:45AM -0400, Benjy Grogan wrote:
> I had AIGLX working on FC5 using the old aiglx.repo that pointed to
> Ray Strode's repo.  I recently dropped in the new aiglx.repo that
> Kristian Hogsberg posted a few weeks ago and the result was that my
> XServer won't start anymore.
[snip]
> (EE) module ABI minor version (5) is newer than the server's version (4)
[snip]

Are you still using Xair (from the old xorg-x11-server-Xair package in
Ray's repository, which is out of date) as your server?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK the accelerated-indirect code
was merged into the main xorg-x11 packages in time for the FC5 release,
and the xorg-x11-server-Xair package was removed from the repository,
but it wasn't obsoleted by anything because, well, this is Raw Hide.

If you've got the package installed, and are still using the server
binaries that it contains, that would explain the version mismatch, and
undoing the configuration changes which call Xair instead of Xorg should
fix it up.

HTH,

Nalin