[OT] change default compiler version to build an rpm

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu May 4 21:43:35 UTC 2006

On Thu, 4 May 2006 16:49:00 -0400 Dave Jones wrote:
>So why not fix the program so it builds with 4.1.0 ?
>Running away from the problem to older gcc's means it'll miss out
>on advantages such as FORTIFY_SOURCE.

Indeed, and infact I sent an e-mail to the author of the program.
The problem is pertinent to the "invalid lvalue in assignment" that I
saw in various other programs that were then patched to be able to
compile from gcc 3 to 4.
But my question could also be seen in general as how to override
pre-defined macros, not only for the __cc one. Or is this in general a
no-no thing to do?
Thanks,
Gianluca