License question

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Sat May 6 07:37:19 UTC 2006

On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 09:25:04AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

> IANAL, but I agree. If you think this groupware is worth it, I would say
> try to find others who agree (the Debian packager for a start) build a
> small team and fork it. Don't forget to make much noise about the fork
> on every Linux related site (send out a press release) so that you can
> quickly build a _real_ community.

Don't underestimate the work, especially as the package is not a
"clean" piece of software already, it does not work yet with GCJ
(if I understood Erwin correctly), etc.

For that you really need a very motivated team and I think it's
worth first investigating of OGo is really not worth a try.

A few years ago someone I know has tested SLOX (the SuSE Linux
bundles with Open Xchange in those days) for his organisation and
he said it didn't work ok (various technical problems, IIRC) and
he then moved to the Horde suite.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>