License question

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Sat May 6 16:26:40 UTC 2006

On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 09:37:19AM +0200, Jos Vos wrote:
> On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 09:25:04AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > IANAL, but I agree. If you think this groupware is worth it, I would say
> > try to find others who agree (the Debian packager for a start) build a
> > small team and fork it. Don't forget to make much noise about the fork
> > on every Linux related site (send out a press release) so that you can
> > quickly build a _real_ community.
>
> Don't underestimate the work, especially as the package is not a
> "clean" piece of software already, it does not work yet with GCJ
> (if I understood Erwin correctly), etc.

Erwin has patches for the previous version that make it work with GCJ.

  http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-February/msg00924.html

> For that you really need a very motivated team and I think it's
> worth first investigating of OGo is really not worth a try.

OGo was in pretty sorry shape a few months ago when I last tried it.

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/